Serves: 4 - 6
For the salad:
- 2 peaches, halved, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 3 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 head of radicchio
- 1 bag mixed greens
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, split
- 1/4 cup Haute Goat peach goat cheese
For the vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
1. Toss the peaches in a large bowl with 2 tablespoons of honey and olive oil. Heat a grill pan or cast iron skillet over high heat and place the slices in the pan. Lightly grill on both sides.
2. Using the same pan, add the remaining tablespoon of honey, chili powder and pecans. Stir to combine and cook until lightly toasted. Remove and let cool.
3. For the dressing, blend basil, lemon juice and mustard on high speed until completely smooth. With the motor running, add oil in a steady stream, blending until incorporated; season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. To assemble the salad, place a large radicchio leaf on each plate. Top with a handful of mixed greens, a few cherry tomatoes, some of the peaches, crumbled goat cheese and pecans. Drizzle with the dressing and season with salt and pepper.
Makes 4 to 6 salads.